Follow my blog with Bloglovin
I’ve been tagged quite a few time times on this 20 random things about me tag so I thought I might as well make it a blog post and share with you guys as well. See how generous I am? I mean…since we’re still getting to know each and all, how about we try and move past the ‘awkward blind date’ stage and get to the going steady phase;-) So without further ado, here we go….
1. When I was born, the midwife that delivered me tried to kidnap me and they couldn’t find me for 7 hours as she had me stashed in the basement of the hospital I was born in, waiting for her shift to start so she could make her getaway. It was really all quite dramatic, I’m told. Sometimes I wonder what kind of life I would’ve have had if she had succeeded with her kidnap plot. How different would it be? How different would I be? Oh well, I guess we’ll never know.
2. I was born in Zimbabwe, have since lived in 3 other continents and currently live in London. I love living in London so much, it’s such a huge melting pot of cultures it’s absolutely amazing. The properties here are all so unique too! I would love to live somewhere like Knightsbridge or Chelsea one day as the real estate opportunities in those neighborhoods are fantastic. In fact, I recently had my home valued after finding a real estate agent on the getagent website so who knows, I might be moving house soon! That being said I wish the weather in London was half as good as it is in Zimbabwe, but hey you can’t have it all.
3. I have one brother that I love more than anything although we do still fight like cat and dog. He is my number one male role model and though he drives me nuts, I couldn’t ask for a more loving, generous and awesome brother.
4. My most vivid memory in my childhood is of my 5th birthday. My mum got me these patent red shoes that I LOVED so much as they made me feel like I was Dorothy from wizard of oz, so I wore them EVERYDAY for a year. Even when they were too small for me, I still squeezed my toes in there and refused to give them up.
5. I am just under 6ft tall (5ft 11.5 to be exact). I was so unhappy about my height when I was younger I used to hunch to try and look shorter, till my mum made me watch the hunchback of notre dame and told me that was going to be me if I continued with that behaviour….boy did that straighten me up haha!
6. Becoming a mother is probably the best and MOST challenging thing to ever happen to me, I love being a mommy. This little boy has changed my life in so many ways and made me a better person, he is my greatest teacher and my best friend. Through him, I have also reconnected with my inner child and learned the importance of play!
7. I am known to break into song at any given moment and absolutely have a song for everything:-) sometime I think my life is one big musical and I love it, I’m not sure my friends and family love it as much as I do:-)
8. I am a total travel junkie, and will take any and every opportunity that presents itself to see the world. I’m currently planning to go on a round the world trip in 2017, and I wish I could fast forward time right now.
9. I love the discovery channel and am absolutely obsessed with any program that is to do with the real life paranormal, conspiracies, forensics and true crime. My dreams came true recently when I got to star in a true crime docudrama for the discovery channel, OMG!!! One of the best experiences I’ve had in a long time.
10. I have a major sweet tooth…..I never skip dessert. Luckily, I can now have healthy clean treats without all the sugar I used to consume in my other life.
11. I majored in Magazine Publishing and minored Marketing and Advertising at university, but I never went to my graduation. I was so over it, I just wanted to close that chapter of my life and never look back. Now that I look back, I’m thinking, geez…dramatic much?
12. I’m actually very shy by nature although over the years I’ve had to get over that because of the industry I work in. There was a time when I literally couldn’t even buy a bus ticket because it meant having to speak to the driver. It was THAT bad. Don’t even get me started on boys!!! I practically turned into a mute around any boy that I liked, as a result of this shyness I spent my teenage years in solitude with my head stuck in a book.
13. I am a hopeful romantic! I prefer the term hopeful to hopeless:-) I just love…giving and receiving, there’s no greater feeling! I haven’t found that ‘earth shattering’ love as yet, but in the meantime, i’m having a kick-ass time meeting new people, maybe kissing a few frogs but totally living fully and loving my life;-).
14. I have 3 best friends that are like sisters to me. We’ve know each other since we were kiddos and I love how we’ve all stayed close no matter the distance between us. At one point we all lived in different continents, but it never made a dent on our friendship. I think what’s made us grow stronger is our willingness to be completely open and honest with one another, even when it was super painful. We now have such a solid bond, I am eternally grateful for these girls being in my life.
15. I am a Disney fanatic, like MAJOR fan. As grown up as I am, I will willingly sit down for a good two hours to watch Disney animation. I especially love the fairytale ones with the super happy ending where the girl finds her prince. *sigh* isn’t love/romance beautiful? These days I can usually be found trying to convince my 5 year old son to watch Barbie with me when all he wants to see is Spider-Man, poor kid!
16. I love reading books in their physical form. The sensation of holding a hard copy, flipping pages instead of scrolling through a reader.
17. I am generally a very happy person. After many many years of low self esteem, feelings of unworthiness and really not knowing myself, it’s so nice to finally feel comfortable in my skin. I realised that happiness is a choice and I choose love!
18. I am recovering people pleaser. I still have love for some people that I will probably never talk to again. Why?? When you get to a point where you know your own worth, and are able to say NO, some of your relationships will change drastically. The people who are used to walking all over you because you allowed them to, will show their true colours. I’ve seen this happen in my own life, and now I choose to let go of anything or anyone that is not for my higher good, lovingly release and only keep positive people around me.
19. I dream of being able to do the splits one day. How hard can it be right?
20. I can’t live without my iPhone. I am glued to my phone, and am currently trying to wean myself off, but it’s so hard. Ugh!
Well there you have it, another little glimpse to the person behind the words. Feel free to share a random fact about yourself in the comments below, I’d love to hear them.
Till next time my beauties, don’t forget to love the life you’re living! Xo